1-port Serial RS232, 1-port ECP parallel PCMCIA Combo Card (serial supports speeds up to 921,600 bps)
High-Speed Single Port RS-232 Serial PCMCIA Card (up to 921.6 Kbps) and ECP Parallel Combo Card. Provides a reliable solution for Notebook to connect serial and parallel peripherals such as GPS receivers, printers/plotters, barcode scanners, dongles, digital cameras, fax/modems, etc.
This quality PCMCIA serial and parallel combo card adds one serial port (RS232) and one ECP parallel port to Notebook Computers.
Features & Specifications:
- Fits any Type II PCMCIA CARDBUS-32 Slot. (Also 16-bit PCMCIA R7.1 & backward compatible.)
- Creates 1 DB9 pin male COM port and 1 DB25 pin female LPT port
- Windows 2000/XP/2003/Vista/Linux compatible
If you are using this adapter in Windows Vista, please download and use these drivers instead of the drivers on the CD-ROM disc: cbrp-vista.zip
Information regarding the serial port:
- Fast 16C950 high performance UART chipset
- Automated flow control, Hardware or X on / X off..Serial Port PCMCIA Feature - Automated in-band flow control using Programmable Xon/Xoff characters.
- Detection of bad data in the Receiver FIFO.
- Supports data at speeds up to 921,600 bps.
- Flexible Clock Prescaler from 1 to 31.875.
- Backward compatible with 16C550 UARTs. - 128-byte 16C950 Deep FIFO Performance.
- Provides 1 RS232C Serial Port the a DB9M connector.
Information regarding the parallel port:
- One IEEE 1284 bi-directional ECP Parallel Port
- 32-bit CardBus PIO Mode with 133MB/S Bandwidth
- Provides one DB25-Female External Connector
- Works with major types of Parallel I/O peripherals
- Uses a 68-pin PCMCIA (type II) connector for notebook computers.
Important information regarding parallel dongles:
- Operating Temperature: 0 to 55°C (32 to 131°F), 10% to 90% relative humidity (non-condensing) Storage Temperature: -40 to 75°C (-40 to 167°F), 5% to 95% relative humidity (non-condensing) Form Factor 3.37 x 2.12 (8.57cm x 5.40cm) Installs as a fully featured I/O mapped parallel port as LPT1, LPT2 or LPT3 (Unlike some competitors' parallel port cards which only emulates the parallel port). Fully compatible with IEEE-1284 Parallel Port Standard and with 2.1 (level 5 - highest level of compatibility) PCMCIA Standard, designed with extremely low standby power draw to save battery life.
Sometimes dongles work with PCMCIA Parallel Cards, and sometimes they don't. We can't say for sure if your dongle will work on your system with this card or not before you try it. We have found that many times the driver for the dongle needs to be updated to work properly. If this adapter won't work for your dongle, you can return it under our unconditional 30-day money back guarantee with no restocking fee, so the only thing you will be out is shipping costs.
Important information regarding parallel applications that require standard I/O ranges:
Please note that this adapter is a plug & play adapter. It will map in at the I/O range where the computers BIOS assigns it. This adapter won't work with applications that require the parallel port to be at the original I/O ranges of 378, 278 and 3BC. It works fine with applications that use the standard Windows calls to open the parallel port.
Please note: This is a PCMCIA Cardbus card, not an ExpressCard. Some notebook computers take ExpressCards. If you aren't sure which one you need, please verify if your system has a PCMCIA Cardbus slot or an ExpressCard slot before placing your order. If you do need an ExpressCard instead, please go to Serial & Parallel ExpressCards to order one.
Free Shipping within the 48 continental USA states! (Online orders only)
Order yours now for immediate shipping. We accept Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Discover and PayPal though our secure server.
We stand behind our product If you need any assistance, you can call us toll-free for the life of the product for free assistance at 1-800-274-7897 (USA & Canada only), or +1-865-988-7906 for those in other areas.
Product comes with a 1 year warranty, and a 30-day money back guarantee with no restocking fee.