This USB Serial Adapter is designed to make industrial communication port expansion quick and simple. Connecting to a USB port on your computer or USB hub, this USB Serial Adapter instantly adds a serial communication port to your system with easy plug-and-play and hot-plug features.
Plugging the USB Serial Adapter into the USB port, the adapter is automatically detected and installed. There is no IRQ & COM port conflicts, since the port doesn't require any additional IRQ, DMA or memory on the system. The RS-232 serial port functions as a native Windows COM port, and it is compatible with Windows serial communication applications.
This USB Serial Adapter provides instant connectivity to RS-232 communication devices for factory automation, multi-drop data collection devices, barcode readers, time clocks, scales, data entry terminals, ATMs and serial communications in harsh enviornments. This USB Serial Adapter is suitable for remote access, retail and industrial application, data collection and other applications requiring a high speed RS-232 communication port.
Optical Isolation & Surge Protection
Optical isolation and surge protection are supported by the USB-COM-SI-M.
The RS-232 port is optically isolated with 2000 volt DC optical isolation. The optical isolation protects your PC or notebook from spikes and surges on the RS-232 network by converting the elctrical pulse into an optical signal and then changing it back to an electical pulse. Your computer is well protected, since the surges and spikes cannot cross the optical link.
The RS-232 port is protected by a surge protector to withstand electrostatic discharges and power surges up to 25KV ESD. Surge suppression on all signals prevents damage caused by lightning or high voltages.
Specifications & Features:
- Adds a high speed RS-232 serial port via USB connection
- 384 byte receive buffer.
- 128 byte transmit buffer for high speed data throughput.
- The RS-232 port is optically isolated with 2000 Volt DC optical isolation.
- The RS-232 port is protected by surge protection to withstand electrostatic discharge and power surges up to 25KV ESD.
- Requires no IRQ, DMA or I/O port.
- Data rate speed range: 300 bps to 921,600 bps
- Serial Connector: DB-9 male connector
- RS-232 data signals: DCD, RxD, TxD, DTR, GND, DSR, RTS, CTS, RI.
- LEDs which show transmitting and receiving of data.
- Easily mountable.
- Metal housing.
- Dimensions of 57×72×22 mm³ (W×L×H) or 82×77×22 mm³ with DB9 connector and ears.
- Virtual COM port drivers provided for Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, XP, ME, 98, Server 2012, Server 2008, Server 2003, CE.NET (version 4.2 and greater), or RT in 32-bit or 64-bit installations. Also supports Linux, MAC OS X, MAC OS 9, MAC OS 8, Android.
- USB to serial adapter
- 3' USB cable
- CD-ROM disc with drivers
- User's Manual
Free Shipping within the 48 continental USA states! (Online orders only)
Order yours now for immediate shipping. We accept Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Discover and PayPal though our secure server.
We stand behind our product If you need any assistance, you can call us toll-free for the life of the product for free assistance at 1-800-274-7897 (USA & Canada only), or +1-865-988-7906 for those in other areas.
Product comes with a 1 year warranty, and a 30-day money back guarantee with no restocking fee.