1-port Parallel PCMCIA Cardbus Card
SPP/ECP/EPP Single Parallel Port. Provides a reliable solution for Notebook computers to connect a parallel peripheral such as a printer, scanner, dongle, etc.
This quality PCMCIA parallel card adds one DB25 female parallel port to Notebook Computers.
The LPT-PCM is a 32-bit CardBus based parallel expansion add-in adapter to provide a fast connectivity solution for today's Notebook PC systems. It provides one ultra-high performance bi-directional parallel port for most of the parallel devices. The LPT-PCM equips your notebook with an IEEE-1284 compliant SPP, EPP and ECP parallel port that fully supports the existing Centronics interface. With its complete hardware and strong OS support, the LPT-PCM is an ideal upgrade to support all Parallel-compatible devices for the rapidly changing mobile computer to preserve user's investment in Parallel interface.
- Supports PC Card 32-bit CardBus Type-II Slot
- One IEEE 1284 SPP/ECP/EPP Parallel Port
- 32-bit CardBus PIO Mode with 133MB/S Bandwidth
- CardBus IRQ Sharing Feature Eliminates IRQ Conflicts
- Provides one DB25-Female External Connector
- Works with major types of Parallel I/O peripherals
- Supports Windows Vista, XP, 2000, 2003 and Linux
- System For 32-bit CardBus Systems, up to 133MB/S Bandwidth
- PCI Interface Fully PC Card 32-bit CardBus Type-II Slot compatible
- Parallel Port One DB25-Female IEEE1284 Compliant SPP/EPP/ECP parallel Port, the key features as follows:
- Supports most of the parallel devices including printer, scanner, and others
Supports SPP, EPP and ECP modes
- I/O Hardware
- One DB25-Female Parallel Connector
- One 68-pin PCMCIA Connector for Notebooks
- OS Support for Windows Vista, XP, 2000, 2003 & Linux
Important information regarding dongles:
- Operating Temperature: 0 to 55°C (32 to 131°F), 10% to 90% relative humidity (non-condensing) Storage Temperature: -40 to 75°C (-40 to 167°F), 5% to 95% relative humidity (non-condensing) Form Factor 3.37 x 2.12 (8.57cm x 5.40cm) Installs as a fully featured I/O mapped parallel port as LPT1, LPT2 or LPT3 (Unlike some competitors' parallel port cards which only emulates the parallel port). Fully compatible with IEEE-1284 Parallel Port Standard and with 2.1 (level 5 - highest level of compatibility) PCMCIA Standard, designed with extremely low standby power draw to save battery life.
Sometimes dongles work with PCMCIA Parallel Cards, and sometimes they don't. We can't say for sure if your dongle will work on your system with this card or not before you try it. We have found that many times the driver for the dongle needs to be updated to work properly. If this adapter won't work for your dongle, you can return it under our unconditional 30-day money back guarantee with no restocking fee, so the only thing you will be out is shipping costs.
Important information regarding applications that require standard I/O ranges:
Please note that this adapter is a plug & play adapter. It will map in at the I/O range where the computers BIOS assigns it. This adapter won't work with applications that require the parallel port to be at the original I/O ranges of 378, 278 and 3BC. It works fine with applications that use the standard Windows calls to open the parallel port.
Please note: This is a PCMCIA Cardbus card, not an ExpressCard. Some notebook computers take ExpressCards. If you aren't sure which one you need, please verify if your system has a PCMCIA Cardbus slot or an ExpressCard slot before placing your order. If you do need an ExpressCard instead, please go to Serial & Parallel ExpressCards to order one.
Free Shipping within the 48 continental USA states! (Online orders only)
Order yours now for immediate shipping. We accept Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Discover and PayPal though our secure server.
We stand behind our product If you need any assistance, you can call us toll-free for the life of the product for free assistance at 1-800-274-7897 (USA & Canada only), or +1-865-988-7906 for those in other areas.
Product comes with a 1 year warranty, and a 30-day money back guarantee with no restocking fee.